A very easy recipe for healthy keto chocolate chip muffins, made with almond flour and sweetened with stevia. The perfect keto weekend breakfast!
I am very guilty of having these keto chocolate chip muffins for breakfast EVERY SINGLE DAY for the past two weeks.
You see, I had no choice! I had to experiment in order to achieve perfection. 😀
They’re so good. And unlike sugary wheat flour muffins, these keto chocolate chip muffins actually keep me full until lunch. I have two of them for breakfast with a mug of coffee and I’m good for several hours.
So, are these keto chocolate chip muffins healthy?
Well. It’s not that I recommend eating sweet stuff for breakfast every day. I usually reserve that for the weekend. My standard weekday breakfast is egg muffins, egg sausage muffins or leftover crustless quiche Lorraine. But if you’re going to have something sweet for breakfast, then these healthy keto chocolate chip muffins are probably a better choice than sugar-sweetened wheat flour muffins.
How do you make keto chocolate chip muffins?
I make these keto chocolate chip muffins with almond flour, and I use stevia glycerite to sweeten them. I believe that stevia is safe, and I really like stevia glycerite. The thick glycerin base eliminates the bitter aftertaste typical to other stevia products. But in case you prefer to use your own sweetener, here’s a handy conversion chart. Do keep in mind that I only tested these muffins with stevia.
It’s best to measure the almond flour by weight
For best results, it’s best to measure the almond flour by weight and not by volume. This is always true when baking, and I find it’s especially true when baking with almond flour and coconut flour.
What about leftovers?
These keto chocolate chip muffins are excellent when freshly baked. Once completely cooled, keep leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Gently warm them in the microwave before enjoying – 10 seconds per muffin usually works. You can also successfully freeze these muffins. I take two of them out the night before and place in the fridge, then gently heat in the microwave.
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
A very easy recipe for healthy keto chocolate chip muffins.
- Avocado oil spray for pan
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, (melted)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons stevia glycerite ((equals 1/2 cup sugar))
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt ((not fine salt))
- 1 1/2 cups blanched finely ground almond flour ((6 oz))
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners and lightly spray them with avocado oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, melted butter, vanilla, stevia and kosher salt.
- Add the almond flour, whisking it until very smooth. Whisk in the baking soda.
Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
Use an ice cream scoop to divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake the keto chocolate chip muffins until golden and fragrant, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out dry, about 20 minutes.
Remove the pan from the oven. Carefully remove the keto chocolate chip muffins from the pan. Place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes before removing the paper liners and serving.
The post Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins appeared first on Healthy Recipes.